Everything You Need to Know about Bermuda Heroes Weekend/Bermuda Carnival 2017!
The third year’s the charm for Bermuda Heroes Weekend taking place on June 16-19, 2017. Since its launch in 2015, carnival in Bermuda has become another highly anticipated celebration, drawing Bermudian locals and tourists from all over the world to enjoy the riddims of soca and authentic rum swizzle from one event to the next. As a matter of fact, we at Thinking of Bermuda brought in friends from Jamaica and Trinidad to the island. What a time to be alive with friends in Bermuda! We want to bring you up to speed on Carnival and everything you should know. Here it goes…
What to Pack
The key to any great carnival starts with the preparation. Having essentials, such as sunscreen, comfortable sneakers, hats, swimsuits, even earplugs, will make for the ultimate feel-good vacation. Packing for Bermuda Heroes Weekend, however, means taking the extra step. If you plan on participating in Carnival itself, that means preparing for your carnival attire, including any potential wardrobe malfunctions. The following is a list of items you overlook, but may desperately need:
- Travel-sized sewing kit (in case your costume needs some readjusting)
- Glue gun/sticks
- Flesh toned tights or fishnet stockings
- A fanny pack or pouch (for money, cell phone, and other miscellaneous items)
- Boots or sneakers you won’t mind getting mud or paint on
- Spray paint (for clothes or body) Note: Check with your airline to see if the item is permitted
- The glitter and other fun makeup items
- A backup costume bra or bottom
- Your country’s flag (to represent at Parade of Bands!)
Keep up the festive vibes with colorful outfits. It’s a euphoric, exciting time on the island and you’ll fit right in with the island’s colorful houses and pink sand beaches.
For five days straight there is sure to be a party anywhere you turn! Check out Bermuda hero’s weekend events to get the full scoop on parties happening around the island. The week’s most highly anticipated events are as follows:
Wednesday, June 14
- Bermuda Carnival starts with DRENCH’D, the ultimate pool party and wet fete so wear your bathing suit! Be at Horizons Guest House from 4 pm-11 pm and be prepared to get soaked. Your $60 ticket gets you entry and food, there is also a cash bar.
Thursday, June 15
- Evolve – The Golden Edition is the ultimate sunset party, taking place at a private location from 5 pm-11 pm. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
Friday, June 16
- Mimosa Sunrise Fete happening at a secret location in the city of Hamilton from 5 am-11 am. Cost is anywhere between $32-$44, but the sunrise is priceless.
- Get your doctors note ready for the Sick leave Party at Spinning Wheel Complex. Entry is $35 and Cash bar from 11 am-5 pm.
- Five Star Friday, where the good vibes start at 7 pm at the National Sports Center and do not stop all weekend long! Prices for Children and Seniors are $20, Regular prices (adults) $30, and Ultra VIP tickets sell for $200.
Saturday, June 17
- Grab a float and jump off National Park Admiralty Bay’s cliffs and join friends out on the water for the second day of Bermuda Heroes Weekend. For an unforgettable experience, we have access to 31 boats for private charter if you wanted to bring your own boat to the party raft up on Saturday, June 17th. Look at all the boats here. Prices start at $175/hour for a minimum of 3 hours for our private charter boats.
- Euphoria party at Snorkel Park from 10 pm-3 am hosted by Party People! The price is $40 and there is a cash bar.
Sunday, June 18
- Pan in the Park, happening at Victoria Park from 3 pm-7 pm, is wholesome fun where you can hear steel pan artists, local and international, for FREE!
- If you love all-white parties, Bermuda Heroes Weekend has two options on Sunday, June 18th. Check out Glow Bermuda’s All White Day Fete starting at 4 pm at Queen Elizabeth Park, OR the 9th Annual All White Party hosted by PURE right in the city of Hamilton at Pier 6 upper level at 9 pm.
Monday, June 19
- For those who like to party until the early morning, there’s Superhero J’Ouvert, where getting down and dirty is required. Head to Bernard’s Park in Pembroke from 3 am to 8 am and your $130 ticket price includes food and drink.
- The Last Lap, otherwise known as the Parade of Bands, is the grand finale of the Bermuda Heroes Weekend! It starts at 2 pm, which gives you plenty of time to get your carnival costume just right (or recover from J’Ouvert!)
If you really want to make a statement this Bermuda Carnival 2017, you can register to walk in the Parade of Bands with one of the six participating bands below. See what one speaks to your inner soca junkie, budget and eye the most. Browse their different packages, ranging in prices from $120 to $1200, depending upon different color schemes and lavishness. Note: Add-ons to accessorize your costume and elevate your carnival experience may make prices fluctuate.
2016 BHW Band of the Year titleholder!
Themes: Vivid, Explore, Dream, Discover
The Largest band in 2015 and 2016!
Theme: Lost in the Triangle- The Journey Continues
- Ultimate Treasures Mas
For Masquerade Lovers!
Themes: Pink Sand, Hibiscus, Longtail
Where there are NO limits!
Themes: Allure, Mystical, Forbidden, Vagabond
Led by TeamSoca.com’s DJ Rusty G!
Join the Movement!
Theme: The Secret Garde
You will not regret taking your carnival experience to the next level with any of these bands and whining with locals and other tourists.
Why and How to Book Your Hotel and Excursions With Us
Bermuda Heroes Weekend takes place in a number of different places around the island, making your choice of hotel important to consider. The march of bands parade makes its way from St. Davids to Clear Water Beach, minutes away from L.F. Wade Airport, which is also dually close to Grotto Bay Beach Spa and Resort.
Visit our site to contact us via our email or our toll-free number to inquire about our services and perks – including price match guarantees on all hotels. After the initial inquiry, a free proposal of rates and prices of your stay in Bermuda will be forwarded to you via email. It is highly recommended to book a reservation in advance to ensure your preferred availability. Booking through us also includes a free mask and snorkel rental delivered right to your hotel room.
Want to mellow out after carnival? Drink like the locals and experience a Goslings Rum Tasting, or see if your hotel is one of many who participate in our Golf packages. You can also acquaint yourself with our unique island and take a tour with us, either private or in a group, and see all the treasures Bermuda has to offer.
Come make a splash at Bermuda Heroes Weekend this June, where there’s something to do for everyone.