The PGA Grand Slam of Golf can rightly be called the ‘Championship of Champions’ as the winners of four major events – the U.S. Open, British Open, The Masters Tournament and the PGA Championship – contend to win this coveted title. Bermuda has been hosting this event at the Port Royal Golf Course since 2009 and for good reason, it is a remarkably beautiful course.
- Monday, October 13, 2014 – Pro/Am
- Tuesday, October 14, 2014 – Grand Slam of Golf Tournament, Day One
- Wednesday October 15, 2014 – Grand Slam of Golf Tournament, Day Two
Important Facts About the PGA Grand Slam of Golf:
- It is a 3-day, 36-hole tournament fetching the winner the 1st place prize money of $600,000 while 2nd place brings in $300,000, 3rd place brings in $250,000, and 4th will take in $200,000. A total of $1,350,000 in prize money.
- It is played on the Port Royal Golf Course where many holes are surrounded by breath-taking locales and secured bunkers. The whole set-up makes the event one of the most awaited tournaments as every participant as well as the audience member gets a chance to spend some time in the refreshing beauty of Bermuda.
- Dates this year – 13th to 15th October is the scheduled time during which this prestigious golf tournament will be organized; hence, plan your tour in advance and grab all the fun that you can!
Important Highlights of the Event:
- Hole 16: This hole can be called the star attraction of the event as this can be championed only by a real master. The 235 yards of the hole tuck along the coast in a crescent shape towards the green. It is just next to the turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean, and is definitely one of the most enjoyable as well as challenging. One needs to master the stroke and also combat the winds while delivering what could be a winning shot from the tee.
- Head-to-head combat between Adam Scott and Rory Mcilroy: It has to be mentioned that Rory Mcilroy has won ¾ of a Grand Slam by winning the US Open, The British Open, and two PGA Championships. Another contender at the Grand Slam, Adam Scott, is coming back to Bermuda to defend his title from 2013. These two golfers are going to lock heads for the title in this tournament along with two other exciting players – Bubba Watson (Masters) and Martin Kaymer (U.S. Open) – who also promise to give a tough fight. In 2012 Bubba Watson tied for third at the Grand Slam of Golf, so this may be the year that he takes 1st place. Martin Kaymer dominated the U.S. Open this year and so with all that said, this stands to be a great 36 holes of golf.
Where to Watch the Tournament:
- Broadcast worldwide on TNT.
- Take a tour of all 18 holes on PGA.com.
- Tickets will go on sale in September.
Players with the Most Grand Slam of Golf Wins:
- Tiger Woods: This ace golfer came to the limelight following his impeccable performance in various golf tournaments. He won the PGA Grand Slam of Golf 7 times, more than twice the person with the second-highest amount of wins. (Wins in 1998, ’99, 2000, ’01, 02, 05, ’06)
- Greg Norman: Behind Tiger is Greg who managed to win the tournament 3 times. (Wins in 1986, 1993, ’94)
Players at the 2014 PGA Grand Slam:
Rory Mcllroy is not a new face in this championship. He has made his presence felt in 2011 by grabbing the third position. His other achievements in the past include the 2011 U.S. Open and 2012 PGA Championship.
Adam Scott is fighting hard to get the #1 position. He has appeared in two major events this season – WGC-Bridgestone (31st July) at 8th and PGA Championship (7th Aug) at 15th.
Bubba Watson managed 37th in the WGC – Bridgestone and 65th in the PGA Championship.
Martin Kaymer has registered 11 wins in the European Tour, 2 wins in the Challenger Tour and 3 wins in the PGA Tour. He is known for his wins at the 2010 PGA Championship and 2014 U.S. Open.
Impressive results from each of the four players have surely contributed to raising the excitement of the coming event and guessing who is going to be the Champion is going to be difficult.
Keep watching this space for more news and event-related updates as the schedule may be out anytime soon. Tickets for the event will be out for sale in the month of September.